January 19, 2011

103 years strong...

This past Saturday, January 15, 2011, my sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. celebrated its 103rd Founders' Day!!! The sorority was founded on January 15, 1908 at Howard University. Our colors are salmon pink and apple green. In honor of my beloved sorority, I did a pink and green shadow look:





To achieve this look, I applied pink eyeshadow to the innner portion of my lid, green to the middle and outer portion.  I used black to cut the crease and lightly highligted with a matte white. I used a white shimmer in the inner corner of my eye and contoured the outer corner with a dark green. 


On founders' day, I had to rock pink and green obviously! I also decided to rock my natural hair.  I have been fully natural since June, but I have kind of slacked on taking care of my hair because it's usually covered in a wig. I am tweaking a new regimine, which I will share once it's done. For now, every week on Sunday I alternate between shampooing and co-washing. I deep condition every week. After washing, deep conditioning and detangling, I apply my leave-in, moisturizer, and seal with coconut or tea trea oil.  I then use aloe vera gel to twist my hair in either individual or flat two trand twists.  I usually only do wash n' gos with my natural hair, but because it's winter, it's not feasible.  I decided that washing and twisting on Sundays was a good idea because I keep my hair under my wig in twists all week and I rock a twistout Saturday through wash time on Sunday.  I'm enjoying getting to know my natural hair and I plan to rock it full time in the Spring.  Here's some pics of my founders' day puff:




Hope you enjoyed!

Preencess

No comments:

Post a Comment